Is your student ready for the senior year? What about life after high school plans?
The Senior Year Planning Package is streamlined to discuss and evaluate your student’s post-graduation plans and to assist your student in reaching their college and/or career goals.
Discovering the best in students and making their uniqueness shine and stand out from the rest. Read more at Freedom of Choice School Counseling
Your senior year of high school is the most important time in the college planning process because you'll need to decide which colleges and universities to apply to, send in your applications and explore financial aid and scholarship options for the colleges you seek to attend.
High school senior year! This is the big one. If you are the parent of a senior in high school, you know that the coming months are packed with:
Most of all, you are looking to support your student’s health and happiness during an exciting but also challenging time. Do you need help? Your FCSC school counselor is here to help you.
FIVE WAYS TO COMPLETE A COLLEGE LIST
Be sure to work with a school counselor to help you through this process.
1. Narrow your list to approximately 5 to 8 schools. This will be the most difficult step so choose wisely. If you haven't already, discuss your choices with family and friends, and visit some schools that you’ve always been interested in. You’ve collected information from college nights and compared colleges. You should be ready to narrow your search to 5 to 8 schools you really like. Need help? Your Freedom of Choice School Counselor provides grade-level packages to walk you through this process. It's perfect for junior/senior students!
2. If you haven’t included them already, don’t forget to add a couple “safety schools” to fall back on and a couple “reach school” in case you underestimate your smarts.
3. Take this list and review it with your school counselor or most trusted advisor. Grab an application and financial aid info for each.
4. Put your calendar down on your desk (or use the one on your computer) and note all application deadlines, test dates, financial aid deadlines, and possible college visit weekends. Set digital reminders for a few days in advance.
5. Sit back and relax (for a bit), knowing you’ve made one of your most important decisions to date.
Do you need help with getting prepared as a senior? Are you ready for your senior year? The Freedom of Choice School Counselor can help! Check out our Senior Year Planning Packages here. We can help plan the senior year and get prepared for post-secondary plans!